Your asphalt roofing cost varies depending on the size of the roof, the roof pitch, the complexity of the roof, and the roofing shingle product. In 2020, residential asphalt roofing replacement ranges from approximately $6,000 to over $15,000.
Asphalt Roofing Materials
Roofing contractors carry many asphalt roofing products. Fibreglass-based, laminated asphalt roofing shingles are the most commonly installed roofing material. Their lifespan is between 15 to 30 years, and the most popular brand many homeowners choose in Edmonton is BP Mystique 42, IKO Cambridge, and Malarkey roofing shingles.
Read our roofing product page and learn more.
Roof Replacement Process
You might be wondering what our asphalt roofing replacement process looks like.
- Free Consultation: We assess your current roofing system, identify areas of concern, and recommend products and solutions.
- Roof Inspection: A Haag certified roof inspector will perform inspections before and after every job.
- Contract: This includes many important details such as the scope of work, timeline, warranties, cost & payment terms, and contractor liability.
- Material Delivery: a crane will lift roofing materials onto your roof-top a few days before the work.
- Roof Replacement: an average roof replacement will take 2 to 3 days to complete.
- Invoice: We invoice only after the work is 100% complete.
- Feedback: We appreciate any constructive feedback regarding your roofing experience.
Things You Need To Know
Things to prepare before your asphalt roofing replacement:
- Move vehicles away from your driveway the night before. (Your roofing contractor will park a dump trailer in front of your garage the next morning.)
- Takedown any valuable wall hangs. Move glass showcases away from walls.
- Keep your lawn (grass) short. This will help your roofing contractor picking up all the nails.
- Move your flowers and pots away from the eaves.
- If you have a powerline close to the work area, call Epcor's Safety Codes Officers at 780 412 4450 a week before commencing the project. Powerline is extremely dangerous and can kill or seriously injure roofers at work.
- Do not go onto the roof during a roofing operation. You might fall into a vent hole, step onto nails, or fall from ladders or roof.
Anything else we missed? We appreciate any constructive feedback from you.